This page provides preprints of chapters from the upcoming monograph Sands of Time: Late Miocene Fossils from the Baynunah Formation, U.A.E., edited by Faysal Bibi, Brian Kraatz, Mark Beech, and Andrew Hill. This is due to be published by Springer as part of the Vertebrate Palaeobiology and Palaeanthropology Series (series editors Eric Sargis and Eric Delson).
The linked manuscripts below have been peer-reviewed, revised, and accepted for publication by the editors. Please note these are not typeset, and that minor textual and formatting changes and modifications may still take place.
All manuscripts available below are citable as ‘in press’, as follows:
Sanders, W. J. In press. Proboscidea, chapter 10 in Sands of Time: Late Miocene Fossils from the Baynunah Formation, U.A.E. (F. Bibi, B. Kraatz, M. Beech, and A. Hill, eds.). Springer, Cham, Switzerland.
Foreword by Louis Jacobs & Larry Flynn
- Introduction – Mark Beech, Brian Kraatz, Faysal Bibi
- Fossil Localities of the Baynunah Formation, Al Gharbia Region, Abu Dhabi Emirate– Faysal Bibi, Mark Beech, Andrew Hill, Brian Kraatz
- An overview of the sedimentology and stratigraphy of the Baynunah Formation (Late Miocene, Arabia, Abu Dhabi) – Mathieu Schuster
- Magnetostratigraphy of the Baynunah Formation – Daniel Peppe, David Evans, Mark Beech, Andrew Hill, & Faysal Bibi
- Excavation and Conservation– Marilyn Fox
- Ostracods, Charophytes, and Pollen: Late Miocene paleoenvironments of the Baynunah Formation – Ilaria Mazzini & Marianna Kovacova
- Fish from the Baynunah Formation (Late Miocene, Abu Dhabi Emirate) – Olga Otero
- Late Miocene amphibians and squamates from the United Arab Emirates: Dispersal timing and paleoenvironments in the Arabian Peninsula – Jason Head & Johannes Müller
- The birds of the late Miocene Baynunah Formation, Abu Dhabi Emirate – Antoine Louchart, Faysal Bibi, and John Stewart
- Proboscidea – William Sanders
- Carnivora from the late Miocene Baynunah Formation, Abu Dhabi, U.A.E. – Camille Grohe
- Rodents – Brian Kraatz
- Primates of the late Miocene Baynunah Formation, Abu Dhabi – Chris Gilbert & Andrew Hill
- Pecorans (Bovidae and Giraffidae) from the Late Miocene Baynunah Formation, U.A.E. – Faysal Bibi
- Hippopotamidae from the late Miocene Baynunah Formation – Jean-Renaud Boisserie & Faysal Bibi
- The Baynunah Equidae, Late Miocene, United Arab Emirates – Raymond Bernor, Mark Beech, & Faysal Bibi
- Fossil Trackways of the Baynunah Formation – Faysal Bibi, Brian Kraatz, Mark Beech, Andrew Hill
- Stable Isotope Paleoecology – Kevin Uno
- Paleoecology and paleobiogeography of the late Miocene Baynunah fauna – Faysal Bibi, Ferhat Kaya, & Sara Varela